I placed a hold on an item. The status says "active." What does that mean?
Holds are assigned a status. Possible status entries are:
• Inactive—Inactive holds have an activation date into the future. The future date has been set by a staff member in the staff client or the customer through their account.
• Active—When a hold request is first placed it will have an Active status. This may change overnight to Pending if the item is on the shelf.
• Pending—An item with a pending status is on a library branch's list of items to pull for holds.
• Shipped—Is in the process of being shipped to a branch to satisfy a hold.
• Held—The item has been placed on the hold shelf for pick up by the customer.
• Not Supplied—A request that cannot be filled.
• Unclaimed—If the requesting customer does not pick up the held item within the specified period of time, the hold status will automatically be changed to unclaimed. These items will be pulled from the hold shelf and checked in to either return them to the shelf, branch or shipped to fill another hold.
• Expired—If a hold cannot be filled within the specified period of time, the status automatically changes to expired.
• Cancelled—Cancelled requests will not be filled. They can be reactivated by staff or by the customer through their account.