Who do I speak to about hanging a poster or flyer on the library's bulletin board, and is there a fee?
Each library does have a bulletin board for individuals and groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. Criteria for use of the boards are as follows:
- Approval must be obtained from the Branch Head. Only authorized library personnel may post notices on the library bulletin board. Unauthorized notices will be removed.
- Unless the date of a specific event is listed on the announcement, the material will be kept a maximum of one month.
- The size of material to be displayed will be limited to space available.
- Advertisements for businesses, personal services, and want ads are not permitted. Ads for fundraisers are not permitted unless to benefit a non-profit or charitable organization.
- Campaign posters are not permitted. A poster announcing a rally for political candidates at a specific time and place is acceptable. A poster encouraging the public to vote for a particular candidate is not permitted.
- Notices intended for posting must contain the name of the sponsoring group and the phone number of an authorized representative.
- Neither the Library nor the Board of Library Trustees will be responsible for loss or damage to any item accepted for posting.
- Announcements of events not open to the public are not permitted
Please bring any items meeting this criteria that you would like posted to the Information Desk at any of the three library branches.